Thursday 18 December 2014

Free Laundry Service for the Homeless

Homeless people endure rough times out on the streets, and they are always in need of warm food, water, shelter, and basic necessities.

Being homeless and poor is inevitably linked. "If you are poor, you are essentially an illness, an accident, or a paycheck away from living on the streets." (1)

Many people shun or turn a blind eye towards the homeless community, but there are also many kind-hearted volunteers who truly enjoy helping out the needy.

Read on to find out how volunteers around the world help the homeless in unique ways:

Homeless can wash their clothes for free inside van


Two 20-year old male volunteers from Brisbane, Australia created a charity called Orange Sky Laundry in order to help their city's increasing homeless population. They installed a washer and dryer inside their gutted out van, and this provided free laundry service for the homeless. "Orange Sky Laundry is Australia's first mobile laundry service providing homeless people with access to free washing/drying facilities, and it's run by unpaid volunteers." (2)

DuPage County residents sleep outside for one night in order to raise money for homeless families


On November 1, 2014 around 2,000 DuPage County residents from Illinois slept outside in boxes, tents, and their cars. This act was an effort to raise awareness about the living conditions of the homeless, and also to raise money for homeless families who are part of the Bridge program. This program offers needy families housing, case management, employment training, and mentoring. (3)

The 'Sandwich Man' delivers sandwiches to the homeless all night long


Allan Law is a 69-year old Minneapolis resident who is known as the "Sandwich Man," because he personally hand delivers sandwiches from his van to the homeless population. He's been doing this for 12 years, and in 2013 he handed out more than 500,000 sandwiches. He usually starts handing the food out about 8 pm, and doesn't get back home until noon the next morning. (4)

Sources for this article include:

(1) http://nationalhomeless.org/
(2) http://www.sunnyskyz.com/
(3) http://www.bridgecommunities.org/
(4) http://abc13.com/

4 comments:

  1. I find something in herbal medicine good to share on here with anyone suffering from the disease such as HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis or Chronic Lyme Disease, Lupus as well.Dr Itua herbal made cure my HIV and gave me hope that he can cure all types of diseases I believed him) I do the best of myself that I can do, I went for a program in west Africa about fashion on another side I was HIV positive. I walk through a nearby village for our program schedule then I found a signage notice that says Dr Itua Herbal Center then I asked my colleagues what all about this very man called Dr Itua, She told me that he's a herbal doctor and he can cure all kind of disease i walked to him and explain myself to him as I'm a strangler out there he prepared me herbal medicine and told me how to drink it for two weeks, when I get to my hotel room I take a look at it then says a prayer before I drank it not knowing after two weeks I went to test and I found out I was negative I ran to him to pay him more but he refuses and says I should share his works for me around the globe so sick people can see as well. I'm writing a lot about him this season so that is how I was cured by drinking Dr Itua herbal medicine, He's A caring man with godly heart. Well - everything I decided all go through for me well and how you're going to treat this new aspect to your life. You don't have to suffer alone, and it's okay to ask for help. It also doesn't have to be a constant demon, as you'll get to know your body and yourself in a much deeper way than most people. Take advantage of this, as it will help you appreciate Africa Herbal Made.
    Dr Itua Contact Information.
    Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com
    Whatsapp Number....+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with. He cure the following diseases below...1. Herpes 2. cancer 3. HIV / AIDS 4. hepatitis 5. Bring my ex back 6. Leprosy 7. SARS 8. Bubonic plague
    9. Cerebrovascular disease 10. Lower respiratory infections 11. Syphilis 12. Influenza A-H1N1 (swine flu) 13.Ischemic heart disease 14. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 15. Shingles 16. psoriasis,Perinatal complications 17. diarrhea 18 Autism. 19.. lung cancer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can he help me out? Ive got hep c and I didnt get treated for it. But this guy seems like he helps a lot. Do you know if he could maybe help me out?

      Delete
    2. My name is kalisi Teresa Tuiono and my phone number is 2069901799 please call me and text me if you could tell me more about this dr. Itua

      Delete